Call for Applications: Fourth International “Kazakhstan through the Eyes of Foreign Media” Contest
Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to announce the call for applications to the 2017 “Kazakhstan through the Eyes of Foreign Media” Competition, seeking to reward original articles about Kazakhstan that have been published in a foreign (non-Kazakhstani) media outlet.
This contest aims to recognize and reward the authors of the best and most objective journalistic reports, stories and analytical pieces about Kazakhstan, which are published in foreign media outlets. Alongside this, it aims to promote professional reporting on Kazakhstan in the foreign media.
The contest will assist selected non-Kazakhstani authors who have an interest in visiting the country, by giving them an opportunity to cover key events and activities at national, regional and international levels.
Organized in cooperation with Kazakhstan’s Chief Editors Club, this year’s “Kazakhstan through the Eyes of the Foreign Media” competition – the fourth of its kind – is made possible through the generous support of the Astana EXPO 2017 National Company, the Kazakhstan Temir Zholy National Railways Company, the National Olympic Committee of Kazakhstan, the Ramada Plaza Astana and the Rixos Borovoe hotels, and the Argymak Transportation Company.
- The main prize is a trip to Kazakhstan in August of this year, including a visit to Astana, Almaty, and the Borovoye resort. The prize also includes the provision of economy class air travel, four star or above hotel accommodation and an extensive cultural program.
- In addition, the winners will be awarded the Kazakh Foreign Minister’s Certificate of Appreciation.
- The contest winners shall also have the opportunity to meet Kazakh government officials, scientists, experts, journalists, academics and artists. The meetings will provide them with the necessary contacts and cooperative efforts to facilitate further high-standard coverage of important advancements and developments within the country.
- Journalists or freelancers representing foreign print, electronic and online media outlets are eligible to apply.
- Only non-Kazakhstani applicants are eligible to participate in the contest.
- Geography of the contest covers five wider regions:
- The Americas;
- CIS and the Baltic States;
- Middle East and Africa;
- Asia, Australia and Oceania.
- One winner will be chosen from each of these regions.
How to Apply
Applications must be sent electronically via email at the address given on the website.
- The Americas: Unites States, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Canada, Peru, Venezuela, ChileEcuador, Guatemala, Cuba, Haiti, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Paraguay, Nicargua, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana, Suriname, Guadeloupe, Matrinique, Bahamas, Belize, Barbados, French Guiana, Saint Lucia, Curaçao (Kingdom of the Netherlands), Aruba (Kingdom of the Netherlands) Aruba (Kingdom of the Netherlands), Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, United States Virgin Islands (US), Grenada, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Greenland, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Sint Maarten (Kingdom of the Netherlands), Turks and Caicos Islands, Saint Martin (France), British Virgin Islands (UK), Caribbean Netherlands (Kingdom of the Netherlands), Anguilla (UK), Saint Barthélemy (France), Saint Pierre and Miquelon (France), Montserrat, Falkland Islands
- Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK), Vatican City (Holy See).
- CIS: Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan
- Baltic States: Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Finland, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, and Sweden.
- Middle East and Africa: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
- Oceania: Australia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Samoa, Guam, Kiribati, Tonga, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Cook Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Tuvalu, Nauru, Norfolk Island, Niue, Tokelau, Pitcairn Islands
For more information, please visit Kazakhstan through the Eyes of Foreign Media.