Kazakhstan To Launch Hydro Construction Project In South Kazakhstan In 2017

Kazakhstan To Launch Hydro Construction Project In South Kazakhstan In 2017Kazakh-Turkish Joint Venture Ontustik Endustriyel Green Energy will start construction of two small hydro plants on the Mashat River in the South Kazakhstan region next spring, Talgat Alpysbayev, the chief executive officer of Civic-Oriented Entrepreneurial Corporation Shymkent JSC (CEC Shymkent), told Interfax-Kazakhstan.

The cost of the project is $6.3 million (339.8/$1).

CEC Shymkent holds an 8% stake in the project and the other 92% is owned by the Turkish partner, he said.

The project will be largely financed by the Turkish side.

Each of the two hydro plants will have a capacity 2 MW or 4 MW in total, Alpysbayev said.

Share