BTA Bank Gets Refund $ 1.4 Billion Stolen By Mukhtar Ablyazov
Astana. KazWorld.info. Today fugitive banker owes the bank $ 4.8 billion.
From 1 January 2014 to 1 July 2016 under the direct supervision of the Head of BTA Bank Kenes of the Board of Directors of BTA Bank Rakisheva realized return of assets derived Mukhtar Ablyazov, totaling $ 1.4 billion. This is the center of business information Kapital.kz According to the press service of BTA.
“The effectiveness of the return of assets with the arrival of Kenes Rakisheva to the leadership group of the BTA has increased significantly. As part of the implementation of the decisions of the High Court of England and Wales, judgments of the Russian Federation, Ukraine and the Republic of Kazakhstan made a return on asset in the form of cash, taking the property on the balance of BTA, and implemented the consolidation of shares, collected in favor of BTA in the authorized capital of legal entities. The amount, which the English court ordered Mukhtar Ablyazov to pay in favor of BTA taking into account interest rate for today is $ 4.8 billion, “- said in a statement.
Claims of the Bank and the decisions on them United Kingdom: – 17 July 2015. The High Court of England issued the Order to freeze assets directly or indirectly owned by Mukhtar Ablyazov and Ilyas Khrapunov. March 23, 2016 Commercial Court of England and Wales issued a decision requiring Ilyas Khrapunov provide all the data within previously imposed an order for disclosure they all, without exception, information on their assets and the assets it manages on behalf of Mukhtar Ablyazov. Moreover, the court ordered Ilias Khrapunov to pay legal costs incurred by the Bank;
– June 17, 2016 the English court issued a master’s order for disclosure of information regarding Eesh Aggarwal, who is a trustee to manage part of the stolen assets of the bank.
According to the Order Eesh Aggerwal had to provide all the necessary information about the transactions of assets controlled by Ablyazov during the period from November 2012 to June 29, 2016.
– District Federal Court in New York (hereinafter – the Court) granted the application of akimat of Almaty on bringing Ilyas Khrapunov, Victor Khrapunov and Mukhtar Ablyazov as defendants and the application of the BTA Bank’s entry into the trial as one of the parties. This petition Triadou (legal entity on the territory of the United States, controlled by M. Ablyazov and I. Khrapunov) to dismiss the case because of his immunity waived by a court in New York City was rejected.
The court accepted the arguments of the bank and of akimat of Almaty (hereinafter – the Kazakh side) that allows plaintiffs to force the process on the basis of the federal law “On Combating Organized Crime” on charges of illicit enrichment and embezzlement. In this regard, the Court approved the petition of the Kazakhstan party on interim measures and extended its previous decision to freeze funds.
In accordance with the procedural laws of the United States continue to follow the procedure of disclosure, which is a positive dynamics in the complex process of returning assets to the United States, kidnapped by Mukhtar Ablyazov and Ilyas Khrapunov. Disclosure defendants will be the basis for the identification, freezing and taking control of the assets managed by them, in respect of which BTA does not currently have any information;
– June 13, 2016 BTA Bank has filed a lawsuit in the District Court of Virginia against Gauhar Kusainova, sister of Mukhtar Ablyazov, for damages and the satisfaction of other requirements of the BTA in relation to those actions G. Kusainova, which, according to the Bank, are illegal, associated with facilitate the provision of Mukhtar Ablyazov in transactions with its assets.
The basis of the suit filed by lay evidence on the use of Gauhar Kusainova funds totaling in excess of US $ 6 million, received in the form of gifts, certain cash transactions by Mukhtar Ablyazov. G. Kusainova should have known about the origin of these funds, which were later used to finance its business and for the purchase of several facilities in the US real estate for personal use. G. Kusainova was also aware of the proceedings against Mukhtar Ablyazov, but did not try to return the funds acquired by dishonest means, and tried not to inform the Bank, while her brother had committed fraud against the BTA.
Return of the assets in the bank’s foreclosure of the share capital of legal entities
decisions of the High Court of England and Wales, in which a number of measures to return these assets of the Bank:
– The ownership of JSC “BTA Bank” (Kazakhstan) has been transferred 50% shares of PJSC “BTA Bank” (Ukraine) in the amount of 31.2 million dollars, collected shares of PJSC “BTA Bank” (Ukraine), owned by Ukrainian legal entities that were previously controlled by Mukhtar Ablyazov. As a result, the property of JSC “BTA Bank” (Kazakhstan) consolidated 99.99% shares of PJSC “BTA Bank” (Ukraine);
– Is working to bring the share in the authorized capital of JSC “BTA Bank” (Belarus) to 100% by the withdrawal of shares of JSC “BTA Bank” (Belarus) of the property of a legal entity, previously under the control of M. Ablyazov;
– The ownership of JSC “BTA Bank” (Kazakhstan) was recovered 35% of the shares of JSC “BTA Bank” (Armenia), owned by legal entities – residents of the Republic of Austria and the Russian Federation, formerly under the control of Mukhtar Ablyazov. As a result of the measures in the property of “BTA Bank” (Kazakhstan) will be consolidated 100% of shares of JSC “BTA Bank” (Armenia).
In addition, the Bank announced that carried out work on the removal of the injunction to manage 71% stake in JSC “BTA Bank” (Kyrgyzstan), introduced as a result of raider actions of individuals associated with Mukhtar Ablyazov. Today, JSC “BTA Bank” (Kazakhstan) is a full shareholder of JSC “BTA Bank” (Kyrgyzstan), direct control of the specified financial institution.