I am sure that Nurly Zhol will give a new impetus to the development of our cooperation – Ambassador of Saudi Arabia in Kazakhstan
Apr 24. KAZINFORM. ASTANA
Diplomatic relations between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and the Republic of Kazakhstan were established April 30, 1994.
Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the Republic of Kazakhstan, His Excellency Gorm bin Saeed Al Malhana gave an interview to Kazinform.
– What can you say 20 years of diplomatic relations between Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia?
– Saudi Arabia has become one of the first countries to recognize Kazakhstan as an independent state. With the approval of Kazakhstan’s independence the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has been actively involved in the development of your country’s foreign policy. In particular, the KSA invested in the construction of Cardiology center in Astana and some other social facilities.
Foreign policy of Riyadh towards Kazakhstan and Central Asia remains the same. KSA has good friendly relations with the Republic of Kazakhstan. We highly appreciate Kazakhstan leading positions among the Central Asian countries.
– How do asses Saudi-Kazakh ties? Which areas are top- priorities?
– We have good conditions for the successful development of our relations in trade, economic and investment spheres. Despite the fact that trade between the two countries is still insignificant and does not match the existing potential of the states, there is a tendency to increase it.
It is expected that in the near future a delegation from the KSA headed by the Minister of Trade and Industry will arrive in Kazakhstan. During the visit the sides will discuss expansion of mutual investment and cooperation in the framework of KSA’s participation in the international specialized exhibition Expo-2017.
Currently we are developing memoranda of understanding and cooperation in the field of agriculture, tourism, investment, environmental protection, civil aviation, culture and information, and sports.
In addition, we intend to consider signing of an agreement between the KSA Chamber of Commerce and the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Kazakhstan. We’re going to attract Saudi investors in Kazakhstan as your country has favorable conditions for investors.
On the other hand, we would be glad to invite Kazakhstan’s investments in our country.
I am confident that the new economic policy Nurly Zhol will give a new impetus to the development of economic relations between our states. Kazakhstan has offered us a number of interesting projects.
– It is worth noting that this year Astana hosts the 5th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions.
– No doubt, a delegation from Saudi Arabia will take part in the 5th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions in Astana. We have consistently supported Kazakhstan’s initiative to organize the international multilateral platform to promote mutual understanding between people of different religions and cultures. It should be noted that the KSA for the same purpose has established the King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue.
The world community needs a dialogue between East and West, because, as we see today, the problem of “Islamophobia” is growing. I believe that the upcoming Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions will provide the unique opportunity to strengthen dialogue and mutual understanding in this area. Kazakhstan has a positive experience in ensuring interethnic and interfaith accord. This is the great merit of Kazakhstan located at the crossroads of civilizations. It plays a significant role in bringing together East and West, different cultures and religions.