We strive to contribute to forming policy of global dialogue and mutual understanding b/w civilizations – TURKSOY Secretary General Kaseinov
November 21. KAZINFORM. ISTANBUL
“TURKSOY” since its foundation has been active in the field of preservation and promotion of cultural heritage of the Turkic world in the cultural-humanitarian cooperation between the Turkic peoples.
All the activities of the international organization are dedicated to preservation of peace and stability. On the eve of the 20th anniversary of “TURKSOY” our correspondent spoke with the Secretary-General Dusen Kaseinov, who has been heading the organization over the past 5 years.
– There are many different pages in the history of creation, establishment and operation of “TURKSOY”. Have you had difficulties, challenges that you faced?
– “TURKSOY” for me is a great opening of the Turkic world! We had problems and difficulties, of course. If you think that we have implemented all important decisions that we have taken and and there is nothing to put to the future, it is a mistake. In real life, things are different. Changing market conditions and economic relations and conditions in the world have left their mark.
Having started work in “TURKSOY” I have learned a lot for myself: from communicating with diplomats, from communicating with simple and outstanding musicians, from beginners and renowned writers, well-known political figures and new politicians. Of course, everyone has his own opinion, his own vision of the world. But for myself, I learned a lot of new what I am using now.
The power of culture can build peace. We are actively demonstrating to the world the songs, dances, music, rituals of our people. This direction is very important, the goal is to push the boundaries. After all, the value of unity is in diversity. Where people are unaware of the Turkic peoples, where one does not know the best representatives is where we should be and act! In this area we are trying to achieve noticeable results.
– Is “TURKSOY” work or pleasure for you?
– All I ‘m doing in “TURKSOY” is , in fact, my life. Even the word “TURKSOY” in my mind focuses on the development, preservation and promotion, active promotion of Turkish culture. I can say that I myself have never tore from the whole world culture. I am a natural part of the culture: Turkic, Russian and Western Europe.
But , as the organization is called “TURKSOY”, of course, the focus and the attention is paid to the Turkic culture, art, because there are a number of other organizations that deal with the history, literature and art of other peoples of the world . And we need to fill the gap that has existed for a long time.
– In one of your interviews you mentioned that the crisis had delayed contributions from member countries. Is the funding enough now?
We should say about financing. And you know why? Because there is very little money. Although, compared to what it had been before it’s “heaven and earth “. At the time of my arrival in the organization contributions were minimal, and it was not possible to hold a development. It was necessary to reconsider the matter, because it was necessary to include the staff, which has now been reduced to 25. It was difficult to find people with the basic artistic education.
– If your financial opportunities were not limited, what sphere you would inject funds without thinking ? Where, in your opinion, the “weak link”?
– The tangible part I would have directed to translation process. I remember in the old days there was a systematic work concerning preparation of translators. Sometimes translators with their creativity surpassed their translated works and brought the work to such a shine that this man became famous. How many writers we have learnt through such translators!
Now no one thinks of it. A lot of mediocre and bad translations. Training of specialists in this area is now really a “weak link” … We , in turn , hold the conference of interpreters. For the first anniversary we have translated Kasim Amanzholov.
In conclusion, let me say that at the moment “TURKSOY” represents the first, one might say, the only relatively successful model of the institutionalization of the integration processes in the flow of culture and art of the Turkic-speaking peoples of the world.
I’d like to believe that in the history of Turkish culture “TURKSOY” already has and, we hope, will have a special place.