High dynamics of cooperation
Oct 01. Kazpravda
By Yulia MAGER
In Akorda RK President Nursultan Nazarbayev held a meeting with Prime Minister of Kingdom of Spain Mariano Rajoy, who arrived in Astana on his first official visit.
The sides discussed the issues of further development of Kazakh-Spanish strategic partnership. Much attention was paid to cooperation in the sphere of economy, investments, transport, industry, renewable energy, culture and other areas.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted that Kazakhstan has been strengthening relations with Spain from the first days of our independence.
– We always have the support and attention of Spain. We had a friendly relationship with the previous Prime Ministers of the Kingdom, who also visited Kazakhstan. Your country supported our bid to host the World Exhibition EXPO-2017. In addition, it is symbolic that the decision on Kazakhstan’s chairmanship in the OSCE was made in Madrid. Now our countries have an agreement on strategic partnership. The largest Spanish companies operate in Kazakhstan, and there are more than 70 joint ventures in our republic. We can see that due to active measures of the Spanish Government, the economy began to recover and go on a stable level, — he said.
At the briefing for the media the President of Kazakhstan and Spanish Prime Minister spoke about the outcome of the talks held.
Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the fruitfulness of the talks and stressed that the visit of Prime Minister of Spain is seen as a sign of progressive development of the Kazakh-Spanish relations that are based on a sound legal basis.
– During the meeting we discussed the possibility of further strengthening of political, economic, social, cultural and humanitarian relations between Kazakhstan and Spain, — said the President. — Special attention was paid to the need to use potential of economic and trade ties and investment cooperation. Of particular importance to us is the implementation of joint projects aimed at creation of advanced production facilities in Kazakhstan and transfer of new technologies, cooperation in the field of transport and transport infrastructure, industry and renewable energy.
The sides also discussed the most important issues of international policy, including the situation in Syria and the Middle East, Iranian nuclear problem, the situation in Afghanistan in the context of withdrawal of the coalition forces from the country in 2014. The President noted with satisfaction the similarity of positions of the two states on these critical issues of international agenda.
The Head of State noted that Kazakhstan and Spain, despite the geographical distance, are connected by human destiny.
– Today we have made another step to strengthen these ties, — said Nursultan Nazarbayev. – We passed to Mr. Rajoy the archives of 152 Spanish citizens, prisoners of war and internees who were in the Karaganda camp during the Second World War. We hope that they will allow the citizens of Spain to learn the fate of their relatives and friends.
N. Nazarbayev emphasized that during the talks they raised the issues of cultural and humanitarian cooperation, including the possibility of exchange of experience between cultural institutions and training of students in educational institutions of the two countries.
The President expressed confidence that the visit of M. Rajoy will give a new impetus to development of political, trade and economic relations between Kazakhstan and Spain and will bring closer together the peoples of the two countries.
Spanish Prime Minister, in turn, expressed his gratitude to President Nursultan Nazarbayev for the invitation to visit Astana.
– Kazakhstan is a country with great potential of development, a balanced foreign policy and positive image in the international arena, — said the distinguished guest. – It is a very important partner for the European Union and is the leader in the Central Asian region. Your country is a source of stability and the factor of development in the region. Spain appreciates your constructive and open foreign policy, and we are ready to assist in strengthening the international authority of the country.
M. Rajoy also expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to participate in the International Conference on Partnership Program «GreenBridge». He stressed that the development of «green economy» is important for the modern world and highlighted the fact that Kazakhstan pays much attention to development of renewable energy. A significant step in this direction, said the Spanish Prime Minister, is the forthcoming Astana World EXPO-2017 on the theme «Energy of Future.» He wished good luck to Kazakhstan in its holding.
Bilateral relations between our countries have a strategic character, and we want to continue to maintain a high momentum of cooperation, — said M. Rajoy. — I am confident that the adoption and signing of a number of agreements between the two states in humanitarian, transport and military-technical cooperation will contribute to enhancing bilateral ties.
In addition, during the meeting Mariano Rajoy handed to Nursultan Nazarbayev a letter from His Majesty the King of Spain, written personally to the President.
Following the talks, the sides signed in Akorda the documents aimed at deepening of bilateral cooperation., including a Memorandum of Understanding between the Academy of Public Administration under RK President and the National Institute of Public Administration of the Kingdom of Spain, a Memorandum of Understanding between the JSC «NC» Kazakhstan Temir Joly » and the company » PATENTES Talgo SL» on organization of production of commuter trains.
Also, as noted President, a number of important contracts between companies of the two countries will be signed on the results of the talks with Prime Minister of Spain.
Responding to the questions from journalists at the briefing, President Nursultan Nazarbayev reminded that Spain is the fourth largest economy in Europe.
– Crises are a common phenomenon in the world economy. But developed countries overcome these negative aspects and retain a strong potential of the economy, — said the Head of State. — High unemployment in Spain is the result of the global financial and economic crisis that has affected the whole world, including Kazakhstan. Currently, the European economy has experienced a definite positive trend, and negative expectations for the euro are not confirmed. In turn, the Spanish economy also shows the signs of recovery. We have concluded an agreement aimed at further deepening of economic and trade cooperation and we hope for further mutual cooperation, — concluded the President.
* * *
A number of documents signed
Oct 01. Kazpravda
Yesterday in the Government, Prime Minister Serik Akhmetov met with Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Spain Mariano Rajoy to discuss trade and economic cooperation.
– I think the visit will give a special impetus to further deepening of bilateral cooperation. Our two countries have established good and stable relationship. Contractual and legal framework is expanding and trade is growing. In the first half of this year the trade turnover has doubled, — said PM S. Akhmetov.
M. Rajoy, in turn, underlined the excellent relations between Kazakhstan and Spain, and the long-standing friendship between the two Heads of States, contributing to it. He highly estimated the level of mutually beneficial partnership and expressed confidence for further fruitful cooperation.
The negotiations resulted in the signing of a number of bilateral documents, including, the Memorandum of Cooperation between JSC «KAZNEX Invest» and the Spanish Agency for Export and Investment ICEX, a Memorandum of Cooperation in mechanical engineering between the JSC «NC «Kazakhstan Engineering» and the company «Grupo AGEM».
The contract for elaboration of the design and estimate documentation «New transport system of Astana» was signed by the heads of LLP “Astana LRT” and the Spanish company «TIPSA».
Besides, a contract for establishment of a joint venture between LLP “Samruk -Kazyna Invest” and “ROSROCAINDOXCryoEnergy”, a memorandum of cooperation for construction of wind power plants in Astana , the Memorandum of Cooperation between the agency «KazInform» and the Spanish NIA «EFE», the Memorandum of Cooperation between L. Gumilev ENU and the University of San Pablo were also signed.