Negotiations in France
Sept 21. Kazpravda
By Sergei OSANOV
Yesterday Prime Minister Serik Akhmetov paying a working visit to France held a series of important meetings.
The head of the Kazakh Government held talks with Prime Minister of France Jean-Marc Eyraud, during which they discussed the issues of expanding trade, economic, investments, cultural and humanitarian cooperation between the two countries.
– France is a key partner of Kazakhstan in Europe — said S. Akhmetov, stressing the interest of Astana in an intensive dialogue with Paris. – We plan a number of joint projects in the field of alternative energy, engineering, metallurgy, electronics, chemical industry, technology transfer. It is important to continue to work together and strengthen contacts at all levels.
The Head of RK Government informed his counterpart on the preparations for EXPO 2017 in Astana on the theme «Energy for the future» and invited the French side to take an active part in the international event. The two sides called for deepening of cooperation in oil and gas, automotive industry and in the sphere of nuclear power.
In turn, J. — M. Eyraud praised the level of bilateral relations and expressed hope for further fruitful cooperation.
Then the Prime Minister met with Secretary General of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) Angel Gurria. During the meeting, Serik Akhmetov noted the planned development of Kazakhstan’s cooperation with the OECD, active participation in the committees and various programs of the organization.
Also speaking on the main provisions of the Strategy «Kazakhstan-2050? the Head of the Cabinet called for active cooperation with the countries — members of the OECD in the implementation of the goal of Kazakhstan’s joining the number of thirty most developed countries.
– It’s not an easy, but achievable goal, said S. Akhmetov, OECD experience is very important to us. — Over 20 years of independence under the leadership of our President, we have come a long way and today are at a new stage of socioeconomic growth.
In turn, A. Gurria proposed Kazakhstan to join the OECD Development Centre, which, in his opinion, «will strengthen cooperation in key areas of the organization.» Also the head of the OECD noted the importance of «green economy» development.
– For us, ecology and environmental protection are the matters of the highest priority. We believe Kazakhstan has great potential to become the leader of the «green» strategy in the region — said A. Gurria.
In addition, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan held a briefing for representatives of Kazakhstan’s media on the results of his working trip to the FrenchRepublic. Serik Akhmetov noted dynamic development of the Kazakh-French relations, fruitful regular contacts at the highest level and the implementation of agreements reached during the visit of the President of Kazakhstan to France.
The Head of Government expressed interest of Astana in close cooperation with Paris in the entire spectrum of bilateral relations and praised the experience of collaboration in the aerospace, energy, transport, machine-building industries. He also stressed the importance of participation of French business community in the implementation of development programs in Kazakhstan.
– More than 100 companies with French capital working in Kazakhstan have proven themselves as reliable partners — said the Prime Minister.
Speaking about Kazakhstan’s cooperation with the OECD, S. Akhmetov noted progress in this direction. He also answered the questions on the preparation for the exhibition «Expo-2017? in Astana.
Noting the scale of the event, S.Akhmetov highly praised the ability of the country to mobilize the economic, social, and human resources. EXPO will give a significant impetus to implementation of large infrastructure projects, development of small and medium-sized enterprises, tourism, services, creation of new jobs, he added.
– I believe that holding of EXPO in Astana will not only contribute to the development of Kazakhstan, but the region as a whole, — concluded S.Ahmetov.