Sales of new cars grew 72 percent in Kazakhstan
July 26. Tengrinews
According to the market analysts, official dealers sold 14,427 new cars in June 2013 and the total of 68,750 cars in the first 6 months of 2013. The share of imported cars among those sold in the first 6 months of this year made 79 percent ((54,263 cars) and the remaining 21 percent were locally-assembled cars (14,487 cars).
In money terms, the sales of new cars grew by 63 percent compared to the same period last year and made $1.5 billion. Toyota, the market’s leader, made over $258 million in the said period.
Lada remains the leader among locally-assembled cars: 24,173 cars were sold in H1 2013. It is followed by Uz-Daewoo with 5,720 cars sold and KIA with 5,597 cars sold. The share of locally-assembled offroaders in the whole volume of new cars sold in in the first 6 months of the year made 9.5 percent and 45 percent among locally-assembled cars.
“The wave of sales that started in 2010, after the depressive 2009, continues growing, but its pace is slowing. The peak was in April 2011, when the growth compared to April 2010 exceeded 240 percent. We believe that the sales in Kazakhstan are driven by undersaturation of the market, availability of car loans, stable employment of people and good prospect of the local economy on the one hand. On the other hand, this is happening thanks to the efforts of the official dealers who are working hard to increase their sales,” head of Kazakhstan Car Business Association Andrey Lavrentyev said.