Large-scale construction

July 24. Kazpravda. Aktobe

By Zhubanysh BAYGURINOV

Large-scale constructionThe new production will cover the needs in long-length tracks for high-speed rail-lines.

Over the last five years a new branch of railway engineering has been created in Kazakhstan, including innovative production of diesel locomotives, electric locomotives, passenger and freight cars. All these projects have been implemented in team with the leading companies of the USA, France, Spain and Germany. Along with this in Aktobe region with participation of the JSC «NC «Kazakhstan Temir Zholy», construction of another large-scale production was started — a large rail and structural steel plant. The initiator of the project — the president of the JSC «NC «KTZh» Askar Mamin said the country badly needs the plant as its products will be in great demand in domestic and foreign markets. It is planned to commission the plant next summer to produce the first output.

The new production will cover the needs of the industry in the long-length tracks for high-speed rail-lines. And it will be a big innovative breakthrough to meet the goals, set by the President and the strategic plan of the «NC «KTZh», aimed at upgrade of the railways.

The total project cost is KZT 55.3 billion, 70 % of the sum is financed by the Development Bank of Kazakhstan, the remaining 30% — by the project participants — private domestic investors. The local and the national budgets will support construction of external infrastructure – water pipelines, sewer, gas pipes and electric power lines. The project is implemented under an active state participation.

The new high-tech plant’s capacity will be 430 000 tons of profile iron, 200 000 tons of which are to be 120- meter-long rails. They also plan to produce other necessary output for construction of railways and export it. Preliminary agreements have been signed with the neighboring countries — Russia, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. Raw materials are brought from the Russian metallurgical plant.

A huge amount of equipment and more than 550 highly qualified specialists are involved in construction. Gradually, during the construction of the plant, the number of employees will reach 2 500 people. After the launch of the project about 400 permanent jobs are to be created. Employees of the specialized organization «Prokatmontazh» from Magnitogorsk will be hired to install production line of the rail-rolling plant.

Construction works are under special control of the Government. Recently the construction site was visited by Deputy Prime Minister — Minister of Industry and New Technologies Aset Isekeshev, who noted that the project is of special importance for the country within the program for accelerated industrial-innovative development.

http://kazpravda.kz/eng/?p=267#more-267

Share